Monday, November 15, 2021

HUMANITY BEFORE PROFESSIONALISM

Push! Push!! 

Try harder! Try harder!! 

Work! Work!! 

It’s an appraisal issue 

Your promotion is tied to it 

You can’t afford a slip up 

Put in everything you’ve got 

Don’t relent…push harder!



The benefit is worthwhile 

But at the end of the day… 

I realized many have been hurt 

My quest to get higher 

My drive for the next level 

All hurts my relationship badly 

Those who should be close are enstranged

My inner core is lost!



Give more! Give more!!

The center no longer holds 

Everything is falling apart 

At what expense? 

My  family  

My relationships 

My health 

My mental well-being!



Pain! Pain!! 

Would I pretend not to care? 

Success is not about money or power 

It is wellness - mental, physical and spiritual 

I need to be free again! 

To love those who need it most 

To be there when needed most 

Please, help!!! 




©Esther Emmanuel-Obu

November 6, 2021




No comments:

Post a Comment