Thursday, May 2, 2024

IN DESTINY'S POUCH

IN DESTINY'S POUCH

In the hands of the Almighty, I am shaped anew,
A smooth stone, destined for paths yet to ensue.
With each throw, obstacles fall, destinies align,
Mountains crumble, revealing truths divine.


As the battle axe, I cleave through the fray,
Strong and mighty, leading the way.
Horsemen stumble, their riders in disarray,
Nations bow, their alliances in dismay.


With precision and might, I heed the call,
In the hands of the divine, I never fall.
Obeying orders, silent yet strong,
In the face of opposition, I belong.


Through trials and tribulations, I stand tall,
For I am but an instrument in the Maker's thrall.
Smooth stone or battle axe, I serve with pride,
In the Almighty's hands, I abide.


So let the obstacles come, and the nations rise,
For with divine force, I'll pierce the skies.
As a vessel of destiny, I'll pave the way,
In the hands of the Almighty, come what may.


© Emmanuel Obu
May 02, 2024 


Emmanuel Obu is a clergy and a brands and communications strategist based in Lagos. He is the Chief Design Officer at Design Turf Limited - an innovative and ideas agency with a design thinking outlook.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this beautiful piece. God bless you greatly Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur. I see the spirit of our faithful fore fathers at play here. The spiritual generals of old.
    The go getting mindset, a battle ready vessel.

    To the glory of God I love this unique class,
    a class of David of old, Joshua of old, Gideon of old, bishop Idahosa of old, ADEBOYE of our time, Uma ukpia of our time and of course Emmanuel Obu of our time etc....

    I am shape renewed, a smooth stone in the hand of the Almighty and I serve with pride....
    Thanks our mentor for this piece.
    Hallelujah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much.
      This class you've put me is bigger than me. But we shall serve the Lord in all faithfulness and get there in Jesus' name.

      Delete
    2. I say Amen too

      Delete