Friday, February 10, 2023

MY PRAYER FOR NIGERIA

 MY PRAYER FOR NIGERIA

Zechariah 1:18-21 - Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns. 19 And I said unto the angel that talked with me, What be these? And he answered me, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem. 20 And the LORD shewed me four carpenters. 21 Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.


THE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA:

1. The Horn of Ethnicity

2. The Horn of Religion

3. The Horn of Corruption

4. The Horn of Wickedness


Until these evil horns are frayed, we remain jokers.


Intercession For My Land:

Dear God, I pray You will be put in Your rightful position in this country. Give the leaders of this nation the wisdom and integrity to lead our nation in the best direction. Give each one discernment I pray, when making decisions or drawing up the legislation and laws that they pass. And may the decisions that they reach be godly and wise.


As the days become increasingly dark in our country, I pray that the light of Your love will shine on this land. May peace reign in our nation and protect us from those that would seek our downfall, I pray.


Lord, I know that You are the One that places rulers in their high positions of honour, and You are also the One that removes leaders from their elevated perches. I pray that in Your grace and mercy, You would look down on our nation and intervene with those that are severely oppressing their own people.


Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord and whether at a national level or in local governance, I pray Your blessing on those men and women that are seeking to follow Your way, as they implement their authority. I also know, Lord, that the opposite is true and that those who defy the living God will come to no good.


Have pity Lord, and convict the leaders of our nation to turn to You. Protect our people that are having to live with corrupt and evil government. And may the Lord Jesus Himself return very soon to set up His perfect kingdom in this world, when the earth will be filled with a true knowledge of You. 


Lord, I pray for our nation and ask that You would look down on us in pity and mercy. Forgive us for the way that we have turned our backs on You in so many ways and bring us back as a people who seek to follow the ways of justice and peace.


Keep our land free from war and aggressions, from destructive winds and adverse weathers, from fear and confusion, and from other things that can cause hurt and fear and confusion. May we as a nation turn to You and call out to You in the day of trouble.


Be close to all our leaders, from the President to the governors, and to local council leaders and give them wisdom and discernment as they rule this nation. May the decisions that they make be wise, and Lord, I pray that our nation would turn to You for Your wisdom and Your strength.


Be with all those that are oppressed and downtrodden and especially those that do not know You as their Saviour. May there be many that come to know You as their Saviour in this my country. I pray that the gospel may be preached in this land from shore to shore, openly and truthfully. Keep us from compromising Your Word of truth. Restore to this nation the joy of Your salvation and bring many to a faith in the Lord Jesus as Saviour. I pray in Jesus' mighty name, Amen.



PASTOR EMMANUEL OBU

(The Apostle of Joy)

No comments:

Post a Comment